How do I apply for Mission Federal ArtWalk?
Applications are submitted online here. A completed application includes:
1. Responses to all items requested in the online form, 5 images of your artwork, and an image of your booth at a previous show. The booth image is required. If you do not have a booth image, but would like to apply please contact us.
2. Your application will be submitted to the selection committee, and if you are accepted you will be notified and sent an invoice via Google wallet. You will have 3 days to input your credit card information to be considered fully registered for the show.
How can I apply with a paper application?
If you do not have access to a computer please call us at at 619.615.1090.
When does application begin for Mission Federal ArtWalk 2018?
NEW artists may apply for the 2018 event beginning May 7, 2017. Applications for RETURNING artists were available April 25. The application period continues until all tent spaces are filled. It is best to apply as early as possible.
How much is does it cost to apply?
The fee for an individual artist is $485 for a 10′ by 10′. Individual artists can request a booth up to 10′ X 50′. There is no “jury fee”, you will not be charged for your space until you are accepted into the show. A complete list of artist application fees can be found on the application info page.
The application fee for groups varies based on the number of tents needed. You will find a complete list of artist application fees on the application info page. Application fees are refunded to artists who are not accepted by the jury.
What payment methods do you accept for application?
We accept all major credit cards, personal checks or cash.
What do I get for my application fee?
Artists receive the following:
1. Tent covered exhibit space (size selected at when applying)
2. Artist Package (see below)
3. A personal web page in our artist gallery online
4. Name and tent number in both event magazine and map
5. A small sign on each tent with artist’s name and tent number.
6. Eligibility to participate in our yearly community art project.
7. Entrance into the Featured Artist competition (see Featured Artists section).
8. Opportunity to submit news items for our monthly newsletter (10,000 readers).
May I request a specific tent location when I apply?
The exact event layout changes slightly every year. We cannot offer tent selection until the map is finalized. Since tent selection is based on order of application, we suggest you apply early to increase the chance of getting a tent in the area you would like. See more details on Tents.
Is the event juried?
Yes, this is a juried event. This is why we require that artists supply images of artwork and a previous booth image before any application is complete (see Image Questions). The committee reviews artwork based on specific artistic criteria. We strive to ensure that visitors have access to the best fine art experience possible.
Will you notify me when my application is accepted?
Yes. We will send you an email confirmation when your application is accepted.
If my application is not accepted, will you tell me why?
Upon request we will ask the selection committee to give this feedback by way of a checklist of possible reasons for non-acceptance. The committee is not obligated to give a reason for acceptance or non-acceptance.