The Business of Art Scholarship
The San Diego Visual Arts Network and Mission Fed ArtWalk are pleased to offer The Business of Art Scholarship for the annual Mission Fed ArtWalk event in Little Italy on April 30 and May 1, 2022. The scholarship will be awarded to one emerging visual artist who has a body of work to be shown and sold at Mission Fed ArtWalk. This year the award will be arranged by Art Unites and supported with a reception on March 23, 6-7:30 pm at Sparks Gallery.To apply for The Business of Art Scholarship, kindly fill out this two-page application and submit it along with five photographs of five artworks created by you to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm, January 31, 2022. Applications will be reviewed by The Business of Art Scholarship partners and one scholarship recipient will be announced early in 2022. For more info: Blanca Lucia Bergman.
The Business of Art Scholarship recipient will receive assistance with:
- Curation and presentation of artwork for Mission Fed ArtWalk booth
- Development of marketing tools for Mission Fed ArtWalk
- Guidance on effective interaction with Mission Fed ArtWalk audience
- Development of strategies for building on the Mission Fed ArtWalk experience
Mission Fed ArtWalk benefits:
- Publicity opportunities for the selected visual artist
- A 10’ by 10’ exhibit tent at Mission Fed ArtWalk
- Display walls for tent
- Pre-Mission Fed ArtWalk reception invitation (if opportunity is available for this)
- Morning news segments to showcase artwork (if opportunity is available for this)
San Diego Visual Arts Network benefits:
- Ad on the homepage of the website in the Featured Events sidebar, with live links to the artist’s website
- Listing in the events calendar
- Notice of event will appear in monthly message which reaches an audience of thousands
- Feature in RAW Gossip Column
- Feature in new SD View Art Now app
- Link to interview
- Possible report of work on display in the Picked RAW Peeled blog
- Free listing on the SDVAN directory of artists (approximately 1,500 local artists listed)
Art Unites benefits:
- Art Unites Community Partners one year membership (enjoy networking, collaboration, job, exhibition and leadership opportunities via membership)
- 1:1 coaching session covering “Art Unites Business Strategies for Artists” workshop highlights and Q&A block
- High-level business plan
- Marketing plan, marketing campaign and social media marketing services
- Banner featuring artist’s artwork on the following Facebook pages: Art Unites’ main page, Art Unites Community page, and Art Unites Community Partners page
- 15 to 30 minute interview
- Select artworks may be featured on the Art Unites Gallery page for two weeks post-event
Sparks Gallery Benefits:
- One night reception with display opportunity
- Press promotion for this evening on Wednesday March. 23
- Business of Art Seminar hosting
Mission Fed ArtWalk – CONNECTING CREATIVE COMMUNITIES. Mission Fed ArtWalk is San Diego’s largest urban arts festival. Over 300 artists participate each year and over 100,000 visitors purchase approximately $1 million worth of artwork. The two-day festival also includes live music, food vendors, and art activities for kids amidst the hip, historic charm of downtown San Diego’s Little Italy.
San Diego Visual Arts Network – San Diego Visual Arts Network (SDVAN) is a database of information produced to improve the clarity, accuracy and sophistication of discourse about San Diego’s artistic and cultural life and is dedicated to the idea that the Visual arts are a vital part of the health of our city. SDVAN provides a resource-rich website and facilitates countless opportunities for inspiration and collaboration on visual arts projects.
Art Unites – Art Unites’ mission is to unite artists with fellow artists and arts supporters via Art Unites events and social pages; provide artists with meaningful and professionally rewarding opportunities created by Art Unites and Art Unites Community Partners; and provide San Diego with diverse services and products created, redesigned, or procured by San Diego artists.
Sparks Gallery exhibits and sells original Contemporary Artwork primarily by Southern California artists who innovate and provide excellent craftsmanship in a multitude of mediums. With a focus on surreal and impressionistic artwork, the gallery curates towards emotive works in themes ranging from portraiture and figurative to landscape and conceptual. Sparks Gallery champions artistic talent in the region and serves as a nexus for creative conversations to elevate the local artistic community.